Tuesday, September 4, 2007

newspapers: print vs. online

I'm still a huge fan of the printed word. I get my Financial Times delivered daily and they keep trying to get me to read it online, and I just don't want to. It's more convenient to read on the train, I can rip out and circle/underline articles I want to keep or reference later, and the ft.com is there if I want to email someone an article. I still prefer to read on paper and not online.

http://radar.oreilly.com/archives/2007/08/news_pages.html

There is an image created that "tracks the front page of latimes.com from 1996 through 2006, illustrating how quickly online presence can evolve. Note how the page structure and hierarchy have changed as images (yellow) and advertising (orange) have gradually become integrated with editorial content (blue)."

No comments: