Saturday, July 14, 2007

getting married and giving something 'green' as a favor

I wanted to give our wedding guests something special as a thank you. Keep it in line with my environmentally responsible values and something that represented good design as the way to an eco-friendly product. I did some research when we first started planning our wedding and decided that between his love of coffee and my strong belief that coffee beans are great product to do organic, fair traded, and compostable end-product. I started reading up on Rainforest Alliance certified coffee and that led me to Good Coffee Online.

I have to say that one of the only stress-free things about wedding plans was getting coffee from goodcoffeeonline.com
I dealt with Gary there for about 6 months over email. He helped me figure out what blend and to make a personalized message on the 2.5oz bags we'd be putting at everyone's place at the tables. It was completely enjoyable to deal with the company and they made it as easy for me as possible. I don't think they make a lot of money from doing an event like this and believe that they enjoy getting people to enjoy good coffee that makes a difference as much as I do.

If you want to give something different to your wedding (or any event) guests, go for it. Give Gary and his team a call (or email).

I'm so grateful to them for making this one less thing for me to fret about, and as it's 2 weeks to go, the fretting is increasingly almost daily.

1 comment:

frogblogger said...

Hello,
I read your blog and was so excited to hear that you were using RA certified coffee as a wedding favor! I work as a comm assistant at RA, and it's one of the first times I've heard of someone using certified coffee as a wedding favor (I think it's a wonderful idea). How would you feel about talking with me about your decision, so that I can turn our conversation into a posting for the Rainforest Alliance's blog, the Frog Blog? We can do it over the phone, or I can email you a few questions. Please let me know-- I'd love to speak with you. My email is djoswig@ra.org. Thanks so much and I look forward to hearing from you!